Martin:

Thanks.  No anti-virus software because these machines aren't really on the
internet.
Backup is being done by NTBackup about an hour earlier than this process runs.

An interesting comment by Tom Derwin though; that UD deletes the file than
recreates
is during a CLEAR.FILE action.  I don't know if the mv.NET cleanup uses a
clear-file,
but it probably does.

Bill