-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony W. Youngman
Sent: 24 January 2008 22:41
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe 20.1 itype perf enhancer

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Kevin King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>The performance gains by this technique can be immense, especially on
>UV (that seems to have a little more overhead than UD in opening
>files).  Regardless of the platform, the less code executed in each
>iteration, the more efficient the program.

Pr1me was apparently especially notorious in this regard ... in fact I
believe that's where the technique came from. If using INFORMATION, this
trick would speed programs up noticeably.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the