From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roger Glenfield
Sent: 09 February 2008 15:48
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] by.exp when

Again. This is PRIME FLAVOR. I've tried these commands on both 9.5 and 10.2

1) SORT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE EQ "01" CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT 0 records selected. 2) SORT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE = "01" CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT 0 records selected. 3) SORT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE WITH CHARGE.CODE EQ "01" CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT 0 records selected. 4) SORT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE WHEN CHARGE.CODE EQ "01" CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT 0 records selected.

5) SSELECT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE
x records selected
LIST FILE CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT WHEN CHARGE.CODE EQ "01"
0 records selected.
ditto for WITH CHARGE.CODE EQ "01"

but
SORT FILE BY.EXP CHARGE.CODE CHARGE.CODE TOTAL REV.AMT FILE CHARGE.CODE REV.AMT
100    01                                10.01
101    01                                  1.11
102    01                                  2.23
103    01                              100.55
100    02                                  1.00
101    02                                  1.01

you get the idea.
I can remember the original version of Pr1me Information. It was earlier then BY.EXP. Like Pick pre-r80, it didn't really do MV very well. The WHEN clause is documented in the current Release 10 Retrieve manual about a page or two after BY.EXP.

By the way, 1,2,3,4 all work in Pick or Ideal flavor.

Any ideas?
thanks
Roger