IBM can't reproduce this.  I'm hoping someone else can.
That didn't come out right.  I don't really want to you have this
problem.  That would be mean.  I just hope this august body can help.

Simplest case:

   CDS.BP M
   01 LOOP
   02   EXECUTE '* anything' CAPTURING X
   03 REPEAT

   >RUN CDS.BP M
   Memory fault(coredump)
   3046$ls -l core
   -rw-------   1 cds33896   tech       279499648 Mar 17 17:11 core

This is on HP Itanium, HPUX11.23, UV10.2.6
Anticipating some of your questions:

* If I get rid of CAPTURING X it works fine.

* PERFORM works fine.

* It doesn't matter what the command executed is.
  I executed a comment ('* anything')above, because what is more benign?

* ps -l shows memory increasing (SZ column) as the process executes.
  (Monitoring it from a 2nd session.)

* EXECUTE "SH -c'[any unix command]'" CAPTURING X
  gets slower & slower each iteration.
  ( Because ever increasing memory is duplicated for child process? )

* Other flavours of the CAPTURING syntax are the same:
    EXECUTE cmd CAPTURING X
    EXECUTE cmd,OUT>X
    EXECUTE cmd,/OUT.>X
  They compile identically.

* Behaviour is the same in IDEAL- & PICK-flavoured accounts.

* It doesn't matter if I null out X.
     X = ''
     EXECUTE cmd CAPTURING X

* It doesn't matter if I assign X to an unassigned variable.
     X = Y  ;* (where Y has deliberately never been assigned.)
     EXECUTE cmd CAPTURING X

* My simple case fails at about
    1/4 million iterations to fail on my smaller dev system,
    1 million on the 2 larger production system.

* The memory leak applies to the session, not the program.
  If I limit the number of iterations in the program,
  but repeatedly execute it from TCL, eventually it fails.
  This fails just the same:

     VOC M.LOOP
     O1 PA
     02 LOOP
     03    EXECUTE "RUN CDS.BP M
     04    SH -c"ps -lp $$PID"
     05 REPEAT
  where M is limited to 100,000:
     CDS.BP M
     01 FOR I = 1 TO 100000
     02    EXECUTE "* comment" CAPTURING X
     03 REPEAT

* My old HP PA/risc, HPUX 11.11i, UV 10.0.16 system works fine.

Thank-you in advance,

Charles Stevenson
Getronics
Costa Mesa, CA