Look into cvs or Subversion. I have not used either for UV Basic files, but either would work and both are opensource. As stated, it would require a little infrastructure and a paradigm shift in the way you work, but the benefits would probably be worth it.

Israel, John R. wrote:

Yes and no.  Since basic program files are just Unix Dirs and the source
code is just text, you could map these files via Samba so that Windows
could see it cleanly and use it that way.  It might take a little
playing, but we did something like that and it worked to some extent.
Might not be the best way, but I thought I would throw it out.

There are similar Open Source products for Unix, though I have not had
experience with them.

--
Geoffrey Mitchell
Programmer/Analyst