Q1: Is this an I-Descriptor?

Q2: What syntax was attempted so far?

--Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Brenda Price
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 4:24 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] multi-valued extraction

I know I've done this before several times in fact but for some reason,
today I just can't get my dict item to work correctly.

Field 1 is multivalued with 10 digit ids, I want to extract only the
first 4 digits of those ids, then read another field with each of those
extracted ids.  My dict item works fine until I add the [1,4], then only
the first 4 digits of the first 10 digit Id is returned.  My co-worker
with 25 years plus experience is drawing a blank on this at the moment
also.

Rec<1> = 1154960101:@vm:3456960201:@vm:4565982341

Dict item comes back with 1154 only, instead of 1154, 3456, and 4565.

Brenda Price

AAC