I sometimes refer to the uvconfig as the UniVerse kernel as there are tunable parameters that do act similiar to kernel parameters for the OS. (You would not happen to be taking a test that refers to this, would you?) The UniData equivalent is the udtconfig. Both are documented in the standard documentation.

HTH,

Doug