-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike
Pflugfelder
Sent: Wednesday, 23 July 2008 12:53 PM
To: u2-users
Subject: [U2] [uv] Secure Sockets / SSL

I'm trying to write some software to send e-mail to a mail server.  I
would like to encrypt the connection using SSL or TLS.

Could someone point me in the direction of documentation or example code
that I could look at to get started with this.  It's all very new to me,
and I'm not getting anywhere with the Universe documentation.

For example, where do I start?  I know that my Exchange server supports
TLS encryption, and that when I connect, the traffic is unencrypted
until I issue the STARTTLS command.  Can I switch from an unencrypted
connection to an encrypted connection on the fly?

TIA

C. Michael Pflugfelder | Systems Manager | Keystone Information Systems,
Inc. | 856-722-0700 | [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>