In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, MAJ Programming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I don't think that the sort/extract function alone is justification for
choosing dim arrays over dynamic arrays in programs.

Sure, for large array concepts/projects, DIM will prevail. But IMHO, for
data READ/WRITE, dynamic appears just as fast as DIM.

Not knowing the internals, I can't be sure, but this is where I would expect dynamic to be faster. After all, a record is stored on disk as a dynamic array, isn't it, so the conversion to/from DIM will be an overhead...

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the