The U2 User Group Board met via conference call at 4:00p US Eastern time on
Tuesday, September 9, 2008.

Complete minutes have been posted to the forum

In attendance were Laura Hirsh, Brian Leach, Chuck Barouch, Ross Morissey
and Susan Joslyn

Business discussed included:

.         Wiki - Chuck B. and Susan J. have been adding to the wiki and have
requested a few changes from Brian.

.         Charter change on quorum - discussed - going to stick with email
voting. That change was already made - Brian will post the change.

.         Thank yous -Brian contacted 7 people, so far two declines

.         B&B - Fred Davison had a con all with David McLean, Fred will host
site. Laura to follow up with Fred on that. Also Mike R. has requested that
we send him our open Universe items. Chuck Stevenson has them, Brian wishes
to add two more.

.         IBM liaison - It's been 8 months and we still don't have a
liaison.  Time for a formal letter to IBM.

.         Logo samples proposed by Chuck. We made some initial choices,
Brian and Chuck B. to meet and bring more to the next meeting.

.         New Signature line - we had decided on it, need to vote.  This
will be our first email vote.

.         Kathleen emailed - offered to take duties. Laura will ask her to
contact the original, past and present board members and get them to put a
self-bio on the wiki.

.         Jerry Banker was asked to fill in David Murray's position. He will
let us know.

.         Votes: Signature line will be email voted on.

.         Held over: Recognition: Laura spec of criteria and renewal of MVP
- postpone for next meeting.  Everyone to take a look at silverlight.net for
how they are doing it.

Submitted by Susan Joslyn, board member at large serving as secretary.