From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Powell
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 8:53 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] UD license counter

Thanks John.

Here's what I did with Kevin's help.

1. Created a subroutine that accepts one parameter and returns the value
of the user specified system variable.
2. Wrote a glassfish webservice that calls that subroutine and returns
the value.
3. Wrote a java desktop gadget that hits the web service every nnn
seconds and displays the value. This gadget can be run on many desktops
simultaneously. I'll add logging later the capture max/min/avg etc.

Thanks again.

Jeff