Multi-faceted question.

1. I seem to remember a method to convert a hashed file to a dir file.
Might be Universe resize syntax I am remembering.  Is that functionality
available in Unidata? I am using Unidata 6.1 on aix.

2. I am considering trying to keep my DICT files as DIR type so they can be
versioned in svn.  I am expecting a performance hit for using DIR, but the
loss may be acceptable as long as it is reliable and the maintenance plus
for having all our dict items, SB+ reports, etc versioned.

Note I am not considering the DATA section, only converting the dictionary
files.

We use SB+ 5.3.8 extensively.  Anyone have any better ideas how we can get
proper scm in mv environments?

Thanks,
slestak