Hi Jeff

The 'magic bullet' is usually to resize all your type 1 files to type 19
before trying the migration.
Regular file names (not directory) will be truncated using a sequence number
but that's not an issue - they will go across correctly. Type 1 files won't.
Any SQL tables will also cause problems - you usually have to end up wiping
the SICA pointer from the file header.

Also a side note - when accidentally restoring type 1 files once I came
across a file named CON. That's a reserved file name in Windows, but it
still created the file - and objected heavily when it tried to access it
again. I was stuck with it, since Windows also refused to delete it. Same
for any other reserved file names - not usually a problem but it was the end
of one of these mangled file paths (something like ACCOUNT.RE/CON).

Also of course remember that AIX is case sensitive but Windows isn't.. So if
you have equivalent items in a directory file in different case they will
overwrite. Again not usual, but worth writing a ten line program just to
check these across your directory files.

And if you use globally cataloged programs, remember to backup and restore
catdir as well...

I wrote a utility that packages up an account for restoring on another
platform, with options like changing file paths, restoring the indices,
resizing and including/excluding Q files and remote files in the package. If
you get stuck using the uvBackup route, drop me an email.

Brian