Hello,

I was wondering if there is a deadlock report feature in Universe.   We have
web services that need to call legacy subroutines and these sometimes make use
of READU clauses without the locked statements.

Since our pooled webservices have to run between 14 and 92 transactions a
minute these READU statements can cause timeouts for transactions waiting in
line.

The transactions causing the blockage do not necessarely remain blocked for
very long.  It can be anywhere from 30 seconds to half an hour however between
the time the problem occurs and is detected and reported by our clients.  It
has usually passed before we can do a LIST.READU EVERY to detect which file is
the one being blocked.

I am only interested in the list of deadlocks that show "blocked" users at the
end of the LIST.READU command (the list of users running a READU and waiting to
obtain the lock) and not the huge GROUP locks report which preceeds it and
which takes time to produce.  There does not appear to be a switch to
LIST.READU to only show the deadlock section.

I've thought of running periodic LIST.READU EVERY every 2 minutes but with over
800 users online + the numerous webservices transactions, it just takes to long
(over 4 minutes) to produce the list.

So I've wondered if there isn't a reporting feature I could turn on so that I
could see the deadlocks that occured during the day.  This way, I could
cross-reference the timeout problems with the deadlock list and see which file
being accessed is behind the blockage.

The info I'd need is:
Time, blocked User, File, Key, Id of blocking user