Brian,

Thanks for book suggestions as this is one of the concepts that I am having
issues with. Understanding the database/languages, SQL and Csharp, are just
a "how-to" problem which I've got a pretty decent grasp of. However, RECORD
LOCKING and concurrency seems to be the white elephant in  room that I have
seen less written about and worse even less thought out in the
application(s) that I'm having to deal with.

Thanks,
Don Verhagen