From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 4:01 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] RE: U2 Users Digest V1 #2599

Kevin, aren't you describing UDP communication, not TCP?  Packets can be
fragged and move through any number of different channels w/ UDP, but
they're reassembled as a part of being received through TCP.  If you sent a
1024 packet over UDP I would expect exactly what you've stated.  Send a 1024
packet through TCP and I'd expect 1024 to arrive, and in order, as long as
there's no failure.  Of course, failures can occur with any protocol, even
those that self-negotiate, so timeouts, dropouts, disconnects, and other
failures have to be addressed in the implementation.

-K