From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of doug chanco
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 11:31 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] 81003 uvrpc error

I am getting the below error message and I'm wondering if it has to do
with the personal edition of universe?

81002 UVRPC_NO_CONNECTION Connection is down.

I think I have everything setup (this is running on a linux system) so I

have

/etc/services with

uvrpc           31438/tcp                       # uvNet rpc port

I have an entry in xinetd.d called uvrpc

service uvrpc
{
        instances               = 10
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/ibm/unishared/unirpc
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no
}

yet when I try to connect I get the above error.  Rex (the developer of
u2pipe) has been super helpful but I don't want to take advantage of his

kindness so I am sending this out to the list instead.

dougc