You can create the dynamic file with the desired size.

>From HELP CREATE.FILE:

MINIMUM.MODULUS n
This value is also the initial value of the modulo (sic) of the dynamic
file.

Best regards,

Henry

Henry P. Unger
Hitech Systems, Inc.
http://www.hitech.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Allen Egerton
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:21 AM
To: .U2 List
Subject: [U2] UV 10.1.22; Dynamic File question

As I understand it, Dynamic files split single groups as you add records
to the specific group.  So, if you add a large number of records to a
file that's properly sized, it will (potentially) split multiple times
as you go along.

If I know in advance that I'm adding a large number of records to a
file, is there any way to force the file to "grow" in advance?

If it were a static file, I'd simply resize it to a new guesstimated
modulo.  Since it's dynamic, I don't see any way to do this other than
to convert it to back to a static file, then resize it to a dynamic file
with a minium modulus.  It seems as though there must be a better way...

Thanks.

--
Allen Egerton
aegerton at pobox dot com