The EV command in AE is a lifesaver when looking at MV data !

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of David A Barrett
Sent: 25 June 2009 20:45
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Using ED

Back in the early 90's, I had a stint working with Unidata, and I became
addicted to the AE editor.  It's virtually identical to ED but has a few
really nice enhancements.  Things like the EV command and the global
searches with the "/" command instead of "C/SOMETHING/SOMETHING/9999999".
I was in heaven when AE was added to UV.

I write tons of code in UV Basic, and I've done lots of programming in GUI
environments too.  I honestly don't feel that using AE slows me down one
bit.  There are times when some "C" commands get tedious, but cut and
paste at the windows end deals with that.

AE has the FOR command, that does all the indenting for you.  It also
flips all of your labels to uppercase.

I do a fair bit of searching through entire *files* of programs looking
for uses of database fields, files or variables using the TCL "SEARCH"
command.  All uppercase helps there.

Dave Barrett,
Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company