We have sites running our NebulaXLite software on a wide variety
of Universe and Unidata releases and I believe we now support all
operating systems except Solaris.  The only platform that is not
a slam-dunk seems to be Unidata 6.x over HP-UX RISC.

As expected, sites with different endian handling are reporting
that they need to run convcode (fnuxi on Universe).
It seems this is also required:
  convdata -r *

At this point on other systems we expect the object code to
simply run.

We do not provide source code for core functions.  The object
code comes from Unidata 7.2 over Windows 32bit.  The targets are
Unidata 6.0 and 6.1 over HP-UX PA-RISC, and soon UD7.2 over IA64.
As I understand it, there shouldn't be an issue going from RISC
to IA64, but for some reason our object code still isn't running
on the target platform.

Kevin King tells me there is a known issue with porting Unidata
object code to HPUX and possibly Solaris beyond convcode and
convdata.

Can anyone explain exactly what the issue is so that we can
predict and resolve issues before our prospects?

As the software is enhanced from one release to another I need to
plan for deployment to all target platforms.  Is there a way to
compile our code on UD7/Windows so that it will run on
UD6/HP/Solaris?  Or do we need to re-compile on these unusual
target platforms?

Thanks for your consideration.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development services
nospamNebula-RnD.com/blog
no.spam.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/products/xlite.htm
Visit PickWiki.com!  Contribute!