That is an interesting one!? So the file system, kernel, version of zip, etc
are all OK for the > 2 gig "32-bit" limit, but once you go into 32 bit udt and
back out (or from inside) you have the issue.? I am wondering if your library
path has changed, or the PATH var itself.? Does anything look different in the
environment after launching udt and exiting?? I am wondering if you save the
environment and check after, something like:

$ set >/tmp/envbefore
$ udt?? (then exit out)
$ set >/tmp/envafter
$ diff /tmp/envbefore /tmp/envafter

(Particularly interested in LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

 If you run zip with the full path name does it work?? Maybe a different
version of zip with the 2gb limit is being used.

If you launch a new shell, then run udt, and exit udt and then exit that shell
so you are back to the original does the unzip work?

If you run it as a batch job with "at" does it work OK?? Maybe submitting the
job and monitoring from UniData to see if the unzip is finished could work?

I know Debian Linux solved the 32/64 bit issue by installing parallel libs so
32 and 64 libs and apps happily co-exist.? I don't know how Red Hat handles it
as I have stayed with the other flavors out of lazy loyalty (usually running
UniData under Slackware Linux actually.)?

I am interested in this because of my SQLizer -- it is a application that takes
UniData/UniVerse tables and keeps them synchronized with mirrors on MySQL, SQL
Server or Oracles tables -- will dump the contents into text files for bulk
dumped, and so far clients have not hit a 2gb issue but I am thinking about
what to do in the event that happens.? I am considering a multiple file
approach, splitting the file into 2gb chunks.

If you wanted to it might be possible to unzip and pipe to a short perl script
that does the splitting for you.

Good luck!

Steve...
--