All

Since we're already going off on a huge tangent re. indexing, it's worth
pointing out that if you're writing client side code in .Net the same
applies: strings are immutable and every change or append copies the string
in memory. That's why there is a StringBuilder class for appending to
strings, rather than using the String type.

Brian