One more thing that we do. We build a database of our indexes every
night using a 'cron'. It does a find / \( -name 'idx001' -o -name 'X_*' \) at a UNIX level.
UV's SET.INDEX INFORM acting on an active select list of F- & Q-pointers will give you somethiong similar. Contrary to syntax listed in UV's documentation, where "filename" seems to be necessary:
 "SET.INDEX [ DICT ] filename [ TO [ pathname | NULL ] ] [ options ]"

E.g.:
  >MAKE.LIST CUSTOMERS VOC ORDERS
  3 record(s) selected to select list 0.
  >> SET.INDEX INFORM
  Indices for file "CUSTOMERS" reside in "C:/UV/CDS/I_CUSTOMERS".
File VOC has no secondary indices. Indices for file "ORDERS" reside in "C:/UV/CDS/I_ORDERS". >

I sometimes do this ad hoc:
  COMO ON CDS
  SELECTF
  SET.INDEX INFORM