From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Dave Laansma
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:38 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] [UD] Logoff on Telnet Disconnect

I have a script that I run periodically does this.

Here are the critical elements of said script:

if ! > /dev/${devn} 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null
then
        /usr/udthome/bin/stopudt ${proid}
fi

${devn} is derived earlier in the script from the 'listuser' command.

Basically, if there is a pts in the U2 user list but Unix cannot send a
null redirected message to it, it must be disconnected.

I am very interested if anyone has another idea that is more reliable.

David Laansma
IT Manager
Hubbard Supply Co.
Direct: 810-342-7143
Office:810-234-8681
Fax: 810-234-6142
www.hubbardsupply.com
"Delivering Products, Services, and Innovative Solutions"