Not sure what your end objective is, but I have found that using the Web Services Developer Tool to be a better choice if you are planning to deploy a soap server, or even just to create the xml and wsdl files.

There is a manual for this tool at: http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/22922020.pdf.

I also suggest you take a look at the appropriate sections of the following:

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/22922360.pdf

I have not found a manual for the XML/DB Mapping tool.

Also, be sure you have the latest version of 1.3.3 for the Mapping Tool or 1.2.2 for Web Services Developer. If not, you should get them from the client cd.

The best thing I have found is to use some examples that you can find searching around the IBM web sites.

Take a look at:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0508kesic/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0601dreyfuss/

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, post again.