In your apache app set the http response header 'Connection' to 'Close'

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: 02 September 2009 19:07
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] callHTTP - disconnect?

I have a Unidata (6.1/AIX) program using the callHTTP API to move data out
to an Apache server on a transaction by transaction basis.  When the
transactions get dropped into the queue slowly all is well.  When the
transactions get flooded in, Apache gets overwhelmed.  It appears like
Unidata isn't sending a disconnect after the submitRequest because the
TIME_WAIT in netstat is showing excessively long disconnect times for these
connections.  I don't see anything in the API documentation that mentions
disconnecting from the Unidata side; is there a header or option that I can
set to make sure Unidata sends a disconnect after the request?

-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com