What the other responders said, plus this is why I write simple scripts
to do things in Unix, then all I have to do is:

execute 'sh -c \unixscript\'

and let the script do the unix work.

Karl
(and thanks for the work done to bring the list back up. Chuck is
wonderful, right?)

On Thu, October 1, 2009 2:16 pm, Brutzman, Bill wrote:

> The first UniBasic command works; the second command does not...
>
>   execute 'SH -c "pwd" '
>   execute 'SH -c "cd /" '
>   execute 'SH -c "pwd" '
>
> UniVerse on HP-Ux comes back with...
>
>   /u2/METAL
>   /u2/METAL
>
> Help would be appreciated.
>
> --Bill Brutzman

---
Karl Pearson
ka...@ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---