Morning All,

Looking for some pointers/information/guidance from anyone that may have
already been through what we're going to be doing over the next few
months.

We will be migrating both our OS and Universe Database to a new physical
server as detailed below:

Current
Future

Sun Solaris 2.6 (SunOS 5.6)                               Sun Solaris 10

Universe 9.5.2.1
Universe 10 (at least)

I remember many, many moons ago migrating from PiOpen to Universe and it
was a weekend of hell, if my memory serves me correctly, and I want to
cut down the level of hell during this migration if at all possible. We
have many, many files, programs & subroutines that make up our
application, built up over the last 20 years or so which will mostly be
moving.

I also have a colleague that will be attending the U2 University in
Liverpool next week and will gladly listen to any helpful information
any of you, also attending, may have.

Thanks in Advance,

Louise Blair