this is in a subroutine. So one pass into the subroutine, file1 gets setup as a
pointer in the VOC, and read from, then the subroutine exits.

Then on the next pass into the subroutine (external subroutine), file2 gets
setup a
a Q pointer in the VOC, and read from, but trans tries to read from the previous
file1. Even if I delete the VOC entry first, then re-write it with a new VOC
entry.

So...how do you clear the TRANS cache? I would think it would have been cleared
when the subroutine ended.

George