I do remember that port.status on an older version of UV would reset
the idle time of all the unix processes, I haven't checked that recently
in current version UV 10.0.2 (our current, not THE current level).

Possibly, whatever is causing the idle to reset, is also breaking the
FIFO connection of your blocking wait?

George