From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Brutzman, Bill
Sent: 09 December 2009 11:59 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] BCI Connectivity

I found a VMark article... written by Brian Leach... for UniData
indicating... Send an eMail to Vmark for UniVerse info.

Is the referenced companion article for UniVerse available.  I am struggling
with setting up BCI on our HP-Ux machine.  I have the IBM
10.3 "BASIC SQL Client Interface Guide" but some of the configuration is
unClear to me.

When I try to connect, I get the following error...

# cd /usr/ibm/uv/sql/catalog
# /usr/ibm/uv/bin/uv

UniVerse Command Language 10.1
(c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2003. All rights reserved.
catalog logged on: Wed Dec  9 18:49:15 2009

>GRANT CONNECT TO brutzy
SQL+
UniVerse/SQL: root does not have DBA privilege.

Also, the settings in >LOGTO UV
                              >uv

are unClear.

Suggestions would be appreciated.