Good info to have.  I'll have to evaluate your solution when it comes
time to upgrade the UV servers again.

-John

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Doug
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:46 AM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] Unidata 6.1 Replication

Brad and John,

[ad]
Since, we work with both UD and UV we found replication is not the same.
We wrote a simple Java program that runs using UOJ and does the
replication to one or many sites.  The software can even replicate from
Universe to Unidata or the other way.  Additionally, we added support
for TCL/ECL commands such as CREATE.FILE, BASIC, and most others.  We
don't have any problems with any release of Unidata 6.0 or greater or
Universe 9.6 or greater.  We don't have any issues with dynamic or
hashed files since everything is replicated at the record level.

This is all part of our amazing U2WebLink(tm) product that runs on
Apache Tomcat.  We even added native support for PHP.  The product
handles thousand upon thousand of transactions per hour without even a
hiccup at our clients for many many years.
[/ad]

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com/tools.html

BTW: We heard that soon UD and UV will be using the same replication
engine.