> From: Symeon Breen
> The simplest solution is to use uniobjects (either
> .net or for java) and write your own webservice - in
> asp.net for example it is about 20 lines of code,
> asp.net then handles all your soap, or rest, or json
> stuff for you - there have been examples posted on
> here before, plus i think in the wiki.

I agree with Symeon and I write web services all the time.
Nay-sayers can say what they will, it's fast and it works.

Thanks to our client, Scott, for the nod.  He had been down this
route, went through standard U2 resources, found lots of
problems, and then I created a solution for him with ASP.NET Web
Services - and he got full source when the project was complete.

Note that while most web services take just a few minutes, the
services I wrote for Scott's company took about 10 hours in
documentation, code, and testing, because very detailed settings
were required to conform to an existing environment.  Anyone
writing their own services won't have to deal with such issues.

Take a look at a video I have on our web site.  It shows two ways
to create web services in 20 minutes, and it would take less time
if I wasn't explaining it.
See remove.thisNebula-RnD.com/products/gallery.htm.
I used mv.NET because it's a Swiss Army knife for a ton of
projects [ad], but as Symeon said, you can easily use UO.NET too.
Follow the concept, don't worry about the connectivity product.
You can do this for Free and within Minutes!

Also, search PickWiki.com for "web services" and you'll find some
solutions there.  (Side note: we're porting PickWiki.com into
MediaWiki soon. See home page for info.)

Finally, here's another video, (1min40sec) of someone who
evaluated U2 Web Services and decided to do something else:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=276F-xKqflQ

If you need any help, let me know.  Our business is based on
doing the things that others find too tough.

HTH
Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells mv.NET and other Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development services
remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/blog
Visit PickWiki.com! Contribute!
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno