From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Evan Carroll
Sent: Thursday, 21 January 2010 11:05 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UniVerse RetreiVe how do I query a file for all of its
column's values?

This is a repost from a stackoverflow question I asked:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2068026/universe-retreive-how-do-i-qu
ery-a-file-for-all-of-its-columns-values

=== START REPOST ===
In UniVerse you can't query a file for all of its columns unless the @
phrase in your file's dictionary is set to all of the tables columns.
If it isn't how do you query a table for all of its column's values?
So I can get the total column listing (column name & display name)
using:

LIST DICT file NAME

This will return a listing of all columns and their display names. How
do I then query the table for all of the columns it has?

LIST file

Will only query it for LIST file @id (@id is the only thing in @).
=== END REPOST ===

I'd like to follow up with a request to see if anyone has a copy of a
BASIC program that does this, I imagine it is something every heavy
universe must keep in arms reach.

Thanks a ton,

--
Evan Carroll
System Lord of the Internets

###########################################################################################
The information transmitted in this message and attachments (if any) is
intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain
confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or
distribute
the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files with the
permission of IMB.