I haven't found anything in the archives and I don't remember seeing this
specific question addressed by the group. Please forgive if this has
already been discussed.

This is a mystery upon which I'm hoping this list can shed some light.
I'll sit and watch nmon display CPU stats and see *tons* of waits but the
end users experience no slowdowns. At other times nmon may show waits more
in the 30% - 40% range and users start complaining about bad response
times. We've tried watching I/O and memory/paging space also and don't see
any discernible patterns.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to predict UD app performance based on
CPU, I/O or other system stats?

UD 7.1
AIX 5.3
Disk: SAN (EMC)
U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.