I have a customer who has a view that appears like this in SQL:

SELECT ID,TYPE,BEGIN_DATE,END_DATE,FISCAL_PERIOD,PERIOD_OPEN FROM
T_CRP_FISCAL_PERIODS UNNEST NL_ALL
BEGIN_DATE,END_DATE,FISCAL_PERIOD,PERIOD_OPEN WHERE ID =
"001FISCAL.PERIODS";

This view, as far as I have been informed, was created via the VSG.  And
this is valid SQL when run from the sql command line in Unidata.  However,
when this view is used over ODBC, it returns "001FISCAL.PERIODS is not a
valid field name".

For this particular situation, changing the double quotes to single quotes
seems to do the trick, but that leads me to two questions for this esteemed
group:

a) Is VSG creating incompatible SQL, or does this appear to have been
created by a human?
b) Will we encounter other difficulties by this change from double quotes to
single quotes in the WHERE clause?

-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com