From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Boydell, Stuart
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:27 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Common Table Expressions

One scenario off the top of my head would be to allow recursive selects. This
would be similar to a qselect, where you select a list of MVs from a record,
but would also allow you to include the parent id and any child ids and
grandchild ids, etc as a result of the CTE select.

Eg. A master customer AC has child accounts which may also have child ACs - you
would use a CTE to select the customer and return the parent and list of
children and grandchildren etc in a single optimised select.

To do this in U2 now probably requires a recursive basic program.

Stuart Boydell