On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Baker Hughes <baker.hug...@mouser.com>wrote:

> Would those of you mind responding that use 3-Tier or N-Tier architecture -
> I'm trying to gather some quick numbers for some decision makers (somewhat
> urgent).
>
> Please respond if your site, or sites who you service have UniData,
> UniVerse, or any other MV db on the backend, and any fully graphical user
> interface:
>
> a.      How many have a middle-tier application server?

Yes.

> b.      How many use IBM Websphere?

No.

> c.      How many use some other? Please give product name if you can.

 We have the Cache' Server Pages gateway between Apache web server and our
Cache' database backend.

d.      How many have a Java front end User Interface?

No, but that is supported. There is no reason -- we can use mvbasic and
javascript as the two languages.

> e.      How many have a C# front end User Interface?
> f.      How many have other UI? Please give name.

Cache' AJAX framework (named Zen).

> For anyone - what Multi-Value aware / friendly middleware products are
> there?  (That don't require data normalization before sending to the
> middleware.)

I realize this doesn't help you much on the U2 side, but you asked for any
MV-friendly options, so I thought I would add it it. We can even do
Model-View-Controller with a controller that can pass lists to and from the
client-side.
--dawn

> Thank you so much,
> -Baker
>

>  ________________________________
> This communication, its contents and any file attachments transmitted with
> it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
> proprietary information.
> Access by any other party without the express written permission of the
> sender is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
> If you have received this communication in error you may not copy,
> distribute or use the contents, attachments or information in any way.
> Please destroy it and contact the sender.

Dawn M. Wolthuis

Take and give some delight today