From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Lunt, Bruce
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 6:13 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Soap error question

Hi All,

We have a strange result happening with a simple soap service call and I
was
hoping someone has seen this problem or something like it before.

We have 3 different soap calls: SSN.VERF, SSN.VERF.SUP & SSN.SUBMIT.
Each
program has 2 inputs: CUST.NO & SSN and 1 output: VERIFY.

The first one: SSN.VERF is a program on UniData that accepts Cust.No &
last-4 of SSN. The program then reads the customer record and validates
that
the last 4 of that customer's SSN match the 4 digits sent in the
transmission. If they match then it returns a 1 in the variable called
VERIFY. Otherwise, it returns a 0 (zero) in VERFIY.

SSN.VERF.SUP: Is for supervisors to send the whole 9-digit SSN and have
it
verified as well with the same VERIFY variable being passed back.

SSN.SUBMIT: Is for adding the SSN to the customer's record if it does
not
already exist. It checks for the existence in the record and in the
cross-reference file and returns 1 if the update was successful and zero
otherwise.

Now for the problem: SSN.VERF & SSN.VERF.SUP both work as expected.
SSN.SUBMIT appears to work when it is for an invalid entry (the SSN is
already on file) but whenever a valid SSN is entered for a customer with
blank SSN field it fails with a strange error message, like this:

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>

 <soapenv:Body>

 <soapenv:Fault>

  <faultstring>Exception: Internal Web Service Server
Error</faultstring>

 <detail>

 <UniSOAPException>

  <error>Exception: Internal Web Service Server Error</error>

 </UniSOAPException>

 </detail>

 </soapenv:Fault>

 </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Can anyone suggest how we could debug this problem? Is there a way to
capture whatever it is that is freaking out the soap process?

TIA,

Bruce Lunt