The biggest problem I had upgrading was understanding that, since I only run one version of UniData per server, I should install it under "..\IBM\ud" instead of "..\IBM\ud7{n}" because the (VOC) entries always include "{n}" and when I went from v7.1 to v7.2 it created all kinds of extra work cleaning up these (VOC) pointers.

HTH,

Bill

Address said the following on 5/6/2010 12:33 PM:
These bugs are very frustrating for us end users.
We are running on unidata 7.2.2 which was released several months prior to 7.2.5. Plus, this bug only occurs rarely if ever.

--- On Thu, 5/6/10, Wally Terhune <wterh...@rocketsoftware.com> wrote:

From: Wally Terhune <wterh...@rocketsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [U2] ERROR IS NOT A UNIDATA DATA FILE
To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 3:22 PM

You wrote: "This seems to be a flaw in the unidata operating system IMHO."

I agree that is a problem - which is why this was FIXED at 7.2.5, immediately
after it was discovered.

Wally Terhune
U2 Support Architect
Rocket Software
4700 S. Syracuse Street, Suite 400 **Denver, CO 80237 **USA
Tel: +1.720.475.8055
Email: wterh...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com/u2