We recently migrated from Unidata 7.1.8 on Solaris to Unidata 7.2.5 on RedHat.

We make use of @LOGNAME quite a bit to determine a person's username. Since our migration, however, we've documented some cases where @LOGNAME is not returning the proper username - it returns someone else's. What's bizarre is that most of the time it's right, but occasionally it's not.

Has anyone seen or heard of this?

When we had a report of this (with documentation) I thought it was weird. Today we just got a call about a different problem which I'm 99% sure is tied to this since it makes use of @LOGNAME. Like the above, sometimes it's correct, sometime it's wrong.

--
Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Manager of ERP Systems