From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 11:52 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] "too many values in sort"

  Of course, why would anyone need a BASIC program larger than 32K?  I
believe it's called progress.  Non-configurable size limits are just
__NOT__ acceptable in today's computing environment.  The attendant
"work-arounds" are just plain ugly, and inexcusable.

The greatest aspect of PICK is the narrow gulf between the logical and
the physical; database structure is logical, query syntax is logical, in
fact, the entire machine is a logical machine.  Twenty year old physical
limitation should have been resolved at least ten years ago.  :-(

Bill