From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:15 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] New Client Specifics

So, I went ahead and installed the BDT from the UD clients 7.2A file.
It installs a bunch of eclipse junk; which is fine, I guess.  Of course,
when I thought of "updating" (help > software updates > find and
install) that fails miserably to update eclipse so maybe I shouldn't try
that.

Next, of course, I figure I could create a U2 server which would give me a
connection to a UD account.  How silly of me to think I could do something
like that.  I mean, like right-click the "U2 Servers" entry in the U2
Resource window, click on "New U2 Server" then enter a name for the server
and a host (I tried both a "hosts" entry and an IP address).
I selected UniData, clicked [Advanced], used the default info regarding RPC
and added the complete path to the account where our BASIC code resides.
Changed the telnet port to the proper port our UD is listening on, clicked
[Finished] then tried to connect.  Naturally I entered the valid Windows
User ID and Password but was informed: "The combination of user name and
password provided is incorrect."  So, I guess using the administrators name
and password isn't sufficient to work my way through step one of using this
tool.  I guess this pretty much explains why these tools aren't always used.

Naturally, if I was to think about this some more I might suspect using
Windows 2008 R2 may be causing the problem, but who knows?
[grrrrrrrrrrrr].  So, I guess it's back to ignoring this environment and
moving back the environment I have to dance with today.  :-(

Bill