You don't mention the nature of the processing you're doing...so here's some
'potential' scenarios... :) But in reality it could be lots of things...

1) Lost connection to UV

Is it possible you connection is timing out? That is, your UV ODBC connection
is timing out - possibly? Check the timeout in your unirpcservices file for
ODBC connections and check what your application is doing - perhaps it is
opening the connection first, doing a MS SQL query and in the mean time the
connection is lost?

2) UV SQL Query failure due

Check the log files on the UV side in the account where you queries are
connecting to for any log files (uvodbc.log or uverror.log, etc) applicable for
your UV release. Is the files/tables you're querying dynamic hashed files (are
they OK? Not need of repair/fixing) and have you checked by "manually" doing
the "same" SQL query from UV itself using the CONNECT verb or at the TCL prompt
in the account you're connecting to?

Are there any SQL Updates going on? If so I'd be thinking that there is locking
contention issues may be happening (such things you can't reproduce on
demand)...

I also wonder if your process is running out of memory or the like (any core
files?)...perhaps consider explicitly setting up the buffers in the uci.config.
But that seems unlikely and perhaps should be a last resort type change! Yet,
again speculation unless we really know what you're query is doing...

It may be worth while to turn on some UVODBC logging if you still have problems
- beware of log file sizes though! :)

Regards,
David