From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Eric Rosenzweig
Sent: 20 December 2010 19:20
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Universe in the cloud??

Does anyone know of a large implementation of Universe in the cloud?  We're
currently on an IBM P570 with 16cpu and 32gb of RAM.  We're looking to upgrade
to a 48 processer box with 192gb of ram.  Instead of buying a new box we're
thinking about running it in the cloud.  We've got 2TB of data on an EMC
DMX4500.  This box does primarily batch processing with about 500 concurrent
users.

Additionally, I know most cloud providers don't support proprietary Unix like
AIX, but prefer Linux.  If anyone knows of a similarly sized Linux
implementation, cloud or not, I'd like to get some info on that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Rosenzweig
Vice President, Information Systems
Application Development and System Administration
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
9125 Rehco Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
(858) 453-7845 x3125