Dan:

I created custom VOC entries that look like:

001 V
002 U2.LISTINFO

...for the following verbs:

ID........

DELETE-LIST
DELETE.LIST
DELETELIST
DL
SAVE-LIST
SAVE.LIST
SAVELIST
SL
delete-list
delete.list
deletelist
save-list
save.list
savelist
14 records listed

I created custom VOC entries as follows:

:SAVE.LIST
001 V
002 SAVE.LIST

:DELETE.LIST
001 V
002 DELETE.LIST

What's interesting is when you run the modified VOC entry SAVE.LIST it runs U2.LISTINFO which executes the verb ":SAVE.LIST". For some reason, when this verb is executed it runs the UniData SAVE.LIST verb instead of the local VOC entry "SAVE.LIST" (I have no idea why but it does). Consequently, everything seems to work and I'm able to intercept the list activity. I do have UDT.OPTIONS 19 turned off.

This essentially uses a new file (I call it LISTINFO) that looks like:

Dictionary of File: LISTINFO                          16:36:10 Jan 11 2011
Dict Name...... Typ # Col-Heading.... Field-Def... Conversion.. Formt Assoc...

CDATE           D 1   Created                      D4/          10R   S
CTIME           D 2   Created                      MTS          8R    S
CPORT           D 3   CPor                                      4R    S
CUSER           D 4   CUser                        T1,15        15L   S
CACCT           D 5   CAcct                                     10L   S
CSIZE           D 6   CSize                                     8R    S
LDATE           D 7   LastUpdate                   D4/          10R   S
LTIME           D 8   LastUTim                     MTS          8R    S
LPORT           D 9   LPor                                      4R    S
LUSER           D 10  LUser                        T1,15        15L   S
LUSER10         D 10  LUser                        T1,10        10L   S
LACCT           D 11  LAcct                                     10L   S

When I create a list (using the "SAVE-LIST" verbs) this file is updated through "U2.LISTINFO" and I can then get output that looks like:

6 Dev (0)-> LPF
SAVEDLISTS INFORMATION LISTING AS OF: 16:37:45 Jan 11 2011
LISTINFO............ Created... LastUpdate LPor LAcct..... LUser..... LSize...

DEFAULT.LIST.NAME 03/31/2010 04/01/2010 3 DEV MYUSER 12
1 record listed

When I clean-up lists I simply SELECT LISTINFO WITH LDATE < "SomeDate", then delete the selected items. I continue to use the standard GET.LIST verb as I don't care to update the list information with get data, but you could.

I'd be happy to share the U2.LISTINFO program if you're interested.

HTH,

Bill