I'm not greatly familiar with Universe but I have a background in
programming and Unix so I hope I can figure this problem out. I have
access to AIX and DataVu Query.

We use Activant Eclipse which seems to be built on Universe and their
support is completely useless. Their technical support keeps blaming
our problem on a network issue which doesn't even make sense and their
networking department has already proven isn't the issue. We've been
working with them on the issue for more than a month without progress
so I need to find another way to fix the issue.

We have a process that takes a customer id and some order parameters
and pushes an order into the system and returns the resulting order
number or an error. Our problem is that for a certain customer that we
use a lot is that it allows the order to be pushed in, without
failing, but does not return an order number or an error. Orders from
other customers work as expected. Originally the problem started when
we were pulling a report for that customer with their order history -
which failed. To me this suggests that someplace there is a lock in
place for that customer that hasn't been removed or something of that
nature. Any ideas how I could look for this or fix it?

Thanks,
Michael McGlothlin