In this particular program, I will be rearranging the blocks of code
into different orders, and it's easiest to read the logic of the program
top down.

If I used subroutines, In order to keep that top down logic, every time
I move a subroutine reference in the main code to a new location,
   I'd also have to move the subroutine code around also so if you were
   to read the program, it still flow top down, and your not hunting out
   where each subroutine is.

I use the small main with subroutines often. But in this case, readability
  is the key.

None of the other methods are wrong, just in this instance, I'd prefer
not to use them.

George