>>I'm thinking it might be good to write up an article about RPL.
>>If any of you has knowledge of the history of the language, the company,
etc. you can email me, and we can collaborate on getting it all laid
out... >>straight.

>>Will

In the late 80s I worked with Ultimate Pick on a VAX, running software
from SMI.  That system used RPL as its native programming language.  This
was the Ultimate PICK that ran on an add-in board.

RPL was an interesting language.  I remember having to add NOP
instructions into programs so that a subroutine wouldn't span groups or
something.  % variables were regular variables, and & variables were file
buffers.  There was an equate that sort of worked, but I remember it being
problematic.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation