UniVerse Applications Developer
This position exists to provide the highest quality of software development
and user support.  It includes new application development and maintenance
of existing software, as well as implementing new technologies.

We are a multi-site UniVerse shop running a highly customized version of
Information Solution's TMC trucking package.  We have web and SQL back-ends
that provides our users with the interfaces and tools they need while
leveraging our legacy software's strong and flexible base, and are currently
researching the best way to deliver a graphical front-end.  Your strong
business background, user support orientation and willingness/ability to
learn is as valuable as your specific technical background.
This is a full-time position.  It includes paid vacation, and health/dental
insurance and 401K are available.
Location: Houston TX or Denver CO.  Other possibilities may exist.
Relocation assistance is provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
.        Design, Code, Test and Debug source code based on user requirements
and specifications.
.        Provide technical consulting to users to address system issues and
recommend solutions.
.        Troubleshooting, bug fixes and enhancements to existing software.
.        Assist users with creation of functional specifications for new
projects.
.        Shared responsibility for 24/7 support.
.        Other job-related duties as assigned.
.        Some evening/weekend work may be required (rarely).
.        Some travel is required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:
.        5+ years of professional experience developing in a Multi-Value
environment.
.        Clear understanding of business accounting.
.        Working knowledge of MS Windows.
.        Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written
form, to a wide variety of individuals within the organization.
.        Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, plus a
desire to learn.
.        Enjoy making user's jobs easier.
.        Constant attention to customer service.
.        Excellent teamwork skills.
.        Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
.        Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
.        Interest in adopting new technologies as needed to support the
business.
.        Experience with VBScript, JavaScript, HTML, SOAP, XML, MS Access,
SQL is a plus, but not required.

Email resumes and/or questions to:   <mailto:jcederv...@comcast.net>
jcederv...@comcast.net